We all love free things, don't we? But free things sometimes are cheap, ugly and don't really add any value to our lives... at least not in the long run. Well this is different and something that definitely has an impact in our lives: FREE ART! But not just any art and not only for the sake of having something for free.
Art and Found Day is an International movement that started in Toronto, Canada 7 years ago by artist Courtney Senior whom before selling art decided to package up her original artworks and leave them around different neighbourhoods for people to find and take home.
How it Works
- Artists choose one or more artworks - it could be a painting, photograph, drawing, handmade item, music album etc.
- Each piece is packaged up safely and clearly marked with the hashtag #ArtandFoundDay
- An additional note is on the inside with information about the piece and the artist
- Artworks will be dropped off within the artists' communities on March 12th, 2022.
- To share your art drop or your art find use the hashtag #ArtandFoundDay and be sure to tag @ArtandFoundDay
I decided to join this movement because it's aligned with my goal of making art part of our daily lives and doing by offering art without constrains to anyone 1 day a year.
My Dallas art enthusiasts, keep your eyes opened for some FREE art out there!